Upgrade from 1.8.0 to 1.9.0¶
Set up the cluster¶
With the upgrade to Terraform 0.10, the terraform init calls can now
fail. For this reason, we divided the cluster creation in two parts:
creation and initialization. Once your cluster is created, you must
now call the
genvid-clusters terraform-init before calling
Using the cluster API¶
Now that the Bastion proxies all the API calls to the different
services under the clusters, the proxied API calls made to the
cluster-api are no longer made to
/v1/proxy/[cluster id]/cluster-api instead. Please
update the urls you use for your API calls.
genvid-sdk open cli¶
genvid-sdk open now opens the GUI to a proxied service such as
cluster-api or studio. To open links, use
The web API was changed to use modules. Three versions are now available:
- global variables packaged with webpack. Available under
- Common-js version: Browser version with Common-JS modules.
- Available under
- Node.js: Common-JS modules to be used with Node.js. Available under
In order to upgrade your website with the Browser version, you will need to:
- Copy the content of
- into the folder of your choice, accessible from your website.
- Update the path for
genvid.min.jsin your website to refer to the new location (if you have changed it).
- Optionally, if you are using TypeScript, update your
- tsconfig.json in order to include the new typescript definition files.
Change to the
GenvidRESTCSharp.dll in Unity¶
See the Genvid SDK Unity Integration section for more details
on how to use the
GenvidRESTCSharp.dll inside Unity.
Replace the Unreal Engine Plugin¶
Some files are not used anymore in the Unreal Engine Plugin, so in case you would want to update and use the new plugin without getting any build error, we recommend that you delete all the folders containing the old plugin. Afterwards you can proceed to copy the new plugin.